Monday, April 22, 2013

10 mile training run



This past weekend I ran 10 miles with my friend. To be honest I can’t remember the last time I ran 10 miles, it was probably in 2010? I have increased my running mileage the last few weeks. I did NOT just decide to run 10 miles without building to that endurance level. I am planning on competing in the Frederick half marathon in two weeks. I’ve done this race once before in 2009. I have done numerous triathlons but this will only be my second half marathon.



 I actually think a triathlon is easier than a half marathon. Yes, you read that correctly-I think a triathlon is easier than a half marathon. In a triathlon you use different muscles but when it’s a running race you use the same muscles. I found myself more sore after my half marathon than any of my triathlons. Usually after races I come home and take a nap. Now that I have Sophia I don’t think taking a nap will be an option. ;) hehe

I am excited that she and my husband will be there to cheer me on for the race.



One advantage of doing a half marathon rather than a triathlon is that you don’t have to prepare a bag for each leg of the race. I don’t have to worry about packing a bag with my swim gear, bike gear, and run gear and then set up all my equipment at the transition area of the race. I am looking forward to just running. :) This will be my first race since Sophia. The last race I competed in was the Columbia Triathlon in 2011 which was before Sophia was born.



So, who is going to join me and train for a race?? You can do it! Seriously, you can! Racing is not nearly as important to me as it was before Sophia. But, I know that God made me to enjoy working-out, racing, and pursuing fitness and health. 
Here is a picture of us hanging out at the park this weekend. She was thrilled that she was holding onto Scotty's dog leash.

No comments:

Post a Comment