Thursday, February 6, 2014

28 weeks and growing

Today I surprised myself and ran two miles on the treadmill! I am so thankful to have a treadmill at my house because we’ve had a lot of snow this winter. I really miss taking walks outside so if I’m desperate for a walk I can use the treadmill. I have continued to work out throughout my pregnancy because I was very active before I became pregnant. My intensity and work-out level has decreased as my pregnancy has progressed. You definitely have to listen to your body and do what’s safe for you and the baby.

Lately, I have only been running one mile before a spin class or just 1 mile and 20 minutes on the stepper. Spin class a few days a week and pre-natal yoga once a week has really been great! I forgot how relaxing pre-natal yoga is and how amazing it is for your body. I love going to Mt. Spirit Yoga.

I know I just started the third trimester and I know there’s still a long way to go before this baby girl arrives but keeping active helps keep a positive attitude as your body gears up for even more changes. I remember how tired I was in the third trimester with Sophia so time will tell how it goes. I just have to remind myself, “one day at a time”.

I met a mom recently who had a baby in September. She’s a really great runner who runs at my gym. She just had her fourth baby and she said she ran all the way through each pregnancy – how awesome! We are all different and built differently. I work out when I can because it makes me feel good and makes me feel like me, considering when you’re pregnant and your body is changing all the time, you certainly don’t feel like “you” and your body doesn’t act like “you” either. But, in the long run, it is only a short amount of time and what a miracle to be able to carry a beautiful, healthy baby. What a blessing – for that I am so thankful!

So, I just want to encourage moms and moms-to-be to continue to do what makes you feel joyful and what makes you feel like “you”. If working out isn’t your thing that’s ok because God designed us all differently. We are all made to excel at different things. So it’s good to appreciate each other’s differences and strengths.


I just had to share some maternity tops I’ve been living in these days. I love how I can work out in these tops but I can also layer them with a cardigan and make it look like a nice shirt. I love how the fit is flattering. People have even complimented me when I’ve worn the tops, so I think these tops would be great for pregnant mommas everywhere. 
Old Navy maternity 

28 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment