Friday, May 3, 2013

"To be born at such a time like this"



       I was really inspired and encouraged today. I love how God can encourage you just when you need it the most. I was finding myself asking a lot of questions like, “Am I doing the right thing?” I always try to pray about what God wants me to do in my life. I know He has a plan and purpose for my life. I also know I need to ask Him what he wants me to do and how He wants me to serve. He has the best plans for our life. We just have to obey and listen to what the holy spirit is leading us to do. I usually know it’s the holy spirit when I feel the right answer in my gut and it doesn’t go away. It usually starts out like a small whisper in my heart and eventually gets louder. However, sometimes the voice doesn’t get louder but when I obey that voice I usually get a confirmation that I did what I was supposed to do.

      I was watching Joni Lamb table talk today. They were interviewing John Paul Jackson http://www.streamsministries.com/. The whole program was about “To be born at such a time like this.” They referred to Esther 4:14 

14 For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”

     Esther is one of my favorite books in the old testament. If you haven’t read it before-start reading it-you won’t want to stop.  John Paul Jackson shared, “Everyone of us is born for such a time like this. God positioned us for this time. God gave us our personality, physical appearance, interests, etc. and in this you’re going to have the greatest influence. The key word is to ‘surrender’ to God-submit to Him. If you don’t submit to Him you won’t come close to your destiny.”

     I hope this message encourages you too. God has a plan for you. He loves you.

One of my favorite verses:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6



The pictures below were taken on the George Washington walking path near Mt. Vernon. Just beautiful!


Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment