Thursday, January 10, 2013

Why did I start a blog?

I started a blog because I realized I was reading many other people's blogs. The blogs I was reading were inspiring me. So, I thought why not start a blog and hopefully inspire others?

Things about me:
-I love God
-I love my family
-I was a kindergarten teacher. So, I like working with children.
-I graduate in May with my Master's in Curriculum & Development
-I love fitness and working out. I'd love to do another triathlon this year. I haven't done a triathlon since I found out I was pregnant with Sophia.

-I also have a heart for orphans. I went on a mission trip to Swaziland in 2007 with Heart for Africa and worked at an orphanage. I went again with my husband in 2010 and worked at a rural church in Swaziland where we had a vacation bible school for the children. These trips were very humbling but also very life changing. I will never forget these trips and I know God will send us again some day. I also know Sophia will go with us to Africa some day. There is so much to write about these trips but I won't do that now. However, I always encourage others that if you believe God is calling you to serve somewhere, "listen" and serve how He wants you to serve. It may not make "sense" to other people but if it's God's plan obey and He will make a way. God's plans are amazing!
This picture was from my trip in 2007. They were the sweetest little boys.
This is Latiza. I met her in 2010. I will never forget this little girl. I hope to see her again some day.

In this blog I hope to talk about the things I love and that inspire me. I also intend to write about how my 9 month old daughter teaches me something new each day. It's amazing how God can use little babies to teach.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading what your God-given passions are! I hope you'll share some fitness tips on here.... :) and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on what God is teaching you through Sophia. Welcome to the blog world!

    ReplyDelete