"When you do it with all your heart you honor God." -Joel Olsteen
"Run your own race. Be the best you can be."- Joel Olsteen
"Every person is a masterpiece made by God. No one will be a better me. It's easy to be yourself because we are equipped to be yourself."-Joel Olsteen
Being a stay-at-home mom has made me realize how I can have more alone time with God. Also, that I've met so many more people-God can use me to impact so many more lives. At first I thought it was just Sophia and I but then I realized how we meet so many new people all the time. I meet more people than when I taught. I know that it's God's plan for me to stay home this year with Sophia. I don't know what I'll do next year but I'm ok with that. I know God will let us know when it's time to figure out next year.
How God has changed me in 2012-since Sophia was born:
1. He's humbled me. I thought I was humbled in Swaziland but He has used Sophia to humble me. Life is certainly not all about me.
2. Pray! I never thought I'd be praying for sleep for both us and naps for her.
3. I don't have "control". I thought I learned that lesson before but obviously I didn't and God had to teach me again. God has control and I can't do anything without Him. Especially on caring for my little one. I need Him to tell me how.
4. Every day is a new day and never the same. If I have a bad day I know the next day will be better.
5. Working out and weight is not everything. God comes first and then family. I'd love to do a full Ironman triathlon someday but I don't need to. My family comes before training. However, I've realized a workout break makes me a better mom. :)
I'm truly thankful for this little girl who has brought me so much joy and taught me so much!